In the scenario that you already have a new Forest created for example levelitup-prod.org.uk as part of the new platform. Then I will show you below how to setup a setup a 1 way Outgoing Forest trust between this and levelitup-corp.org.uk.
This will allow users using levelitup-corp.org.uk login to authenticate and access resources they are allowed to in the levelitup-prod.org.uk
– Launch AD Domains & Trusts in levelitup-prod.org.uk
– Right click elevate-prd.co.uk & Properties
– Trusts tab > New Trust
– Specify levelitup-corp.org.uk as the forest we want to trust
– Select Forest Trust
– One-way Outgoing trust
– Create the trust for “Both this domain and the specified domain”
– Provide credentials for a Domain Admin for both forests
– Select “Forest-wide authentication”
– Accept Defaults and then Confirm the outgoing and incoming trust
– This should then complete and we can view the trust setup on both Forests
– Finally, test to confirm it’s working!
Hope you liked the steps above and feel free to comment below if you have any questions or suggestions! #levelitup 📈